2010/01/13

what does music mean to me

Music is a magic word, it can heal, it can purify, and it can even save lives. That’s one of the key reasons why I like music and chose music to be my way of living.
Since I was little, my parents saw my potential in learning music, because whenever they played some classical music I always sang along with it even though I didn’t quite understand the meaning of it. As I grew up, music played an even more important role, I made my first big decision which was going to the local institute of music. At the beginning I didn’t like it that much because of the work load, but after practicing hundreds of musical pieces, I started to appreciate and enjoy the assignments that were pushed to me. But I always thought music to be a thing to learn with passion, so I changed schools and learning environments to make learning more enjoyable.
Like many people in all music schools, I want to make a living that’s related to music, teaching particularly, is one of my reasons of going to a college of music. I dreamed of teaching music to others, seeing others enjoy learning music is a very pleasant thing. To pass on what I have learned and to express what I feel about music to others is the other reason why I want to teaching music. It makes me happy to see others enjoy what I enjoy, and have the same passion towards music.
Despite all the possibilities of future that music might give me, most importantly, it makes me think of life as beautiful, colorful and meaningful. It’s hard, even impossible for me to live in a world without music. Victor Hugo once said: “Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.” Sometimes I feel exactly like what it says; music can really express my feelings even when sometimes they seem so inexpressible, and that’s what and how much music means to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment